Thursday, November 25, 2010

Jarno Trulli hints at Lotus dedication

Jarno Trulli has hinted he will remain a Lotus Racing driver next season despite a troubled campaign this year.

The Norfolk-based team have yet to announce their drivers for 2011, but the Italian has revealed he has been working on next season's
car.

"I'll go to the factory in
a few days to get ready and prepare the 2011 season chassis, cockpit and seat," the 36-year-old told BBC Radio Norfolk.

"Then I will
probably have a break with my family, just relaxing."

Lotus established themselves as the strongest of F1's new teams in 2010, finishing 10th
in the constructors' championship.

But Trulli was hindered
more by technical issues than his team-mate Heikki Kovalainen, with the pair ending up 21st and 20th respectively in the drivers' standings.

His
best result came in Japan where he qualified in 19th and crossed the line 13th, but a 19th-placed finish in Brazil stands out in an otherwise disappointing season.
You've got to have the motivation in order to push harder, no matter where you are at the end of a lap. Some performances have been pretty bad compared to what I was used to

Lotus driver Jarno Trulli

"It's
really hard to find a highlight for me, but Brazil was a great weekend, nearly a smooth weekend for me," he said

"I qualified well,
unfortunately during the race I had another failure, but my pace was unbelievably quick.

"At the end of the season I
found something in the setup and car characteristic which gave me a good step in terms of performance.

"In the end I was happy with it even though it was a tough season."

Trulli has competed in 14 F1 seasons for six
different teams, securing his only Grand Prix victory at Monaco with Renault in 2004. f1

After agreeing to join Tony Fernandes' Lotus team in January the prospect of fighting for position at the back of the grid and aiming for a top 20 finish could have come as a culture shock to the veteran. F1 merchandise Lotus"You've got to have the motivation
in order to push harder, no matter where you are at the end of a lap," he added.

"Some performances have been pretty
bad compared to what I was used to.

"But nevertheless I have
always tried to get the best out of myself and the car, I've still enjoyed a lot of good fights."

No comments:

Post a Comment